I haven't really been at my computer for awhile, so I started catching up on blogs and realized I haven't updated mine in a month! So, I figured I should update everybody on the goings on of Omaha, Sean, the kitties, and myself.
First, both cats are doing great. Guen will occasionally walk around around night with a toy frog in her mouth and cry. It took us a month to figure out that she wasn't crying because she couldn't find her food, but rather because she wanted us to throw the frog back and forth so she could jump after it. Cait likes to lay upside down still, especially next to the bar wall (not sure what else to call it) next to the kitchen.
Second, Sean is doing well. There's not really much to say about him except that he's still Sean and the cats "speak" through him. Its quite amusing.
Last, I'm doing great! In the last month I have lost four pounds, which I am quite proud of myself for doing. Since moving here, I gained about 30 pounds (which really depressed me for a long time.) I don't really like admitting it, but I figure that's the first step in getting myself back to a weight that I am happy with and getting myself healthy again. It is attributed to my sudden stop in activities, such as dance and family activities, that kept me busy in Florida. Also, it doesn't help that I have a desk job that has me sitting down for nearly 13-hours for three days.
After months of looking for it, I was finally able to find Wii Fit at Sears when Sean and I went to get his haircut at the mall the last week of January. During our work week (Saturday - Monday) we wake up at 0700 (we work at 0900) so we can actually eat breakfast, which we didn't do in the past. To keep myself used to it, I wake up during our weekend between 0700 and 0800. Since Wii Fit has a built-in weight system (the actual weight is wrong, but the BMI is still correct) I hop on that first thing and do the daily Body Test, which is the BMI and a couple of balance tests. I don't really like going to the fitness center to run on the treadmill, so Wii Fit and my dance videos keep me pretty content with my workouts. Once it gets warmer, I will definitely be taking my morning walks like I used to when we lived in Armbrust Acres (Sean's old neighborhood.) Sean said that when I was doing my daily walks my lower body looked more tone and like I was getting slimmer. Unfortunately, I don't really have the motivation or the wardrobe to take walks when it is below zero. I feel that I am still a warm weather girl, so all of my activities outside will always be during the spring and summer.
I haven't taken any pictures recently, aside from the one that was taken while we had lunch with Sean's grandparents, great aunt, and aunt, uncle, and cousins that were visiting from West Palm Beach. We had a lot of fun during that. Despite everything that is going on with his grandpa, he is still laughing and making jokes which makes everybody laugh.
Well, it is almost time to find something for lunch and I am running out of things to update on now. I love you all and miss you. If I could, I would give you all big hugs right now.
Rooster
13 years ago

6 comments:
Good going Leesha, congrats on the four pounds. Down is always good, that is my philosphy. Sounds like things are going really well. Miss you.
Congratulations on your 4 lbs. You are so beautiful!!!! Miss and love you. Where do you work?
Great, Leesha! Just keep up with any type of workout and it will help. Eating right helps, too. We are all trying to learn to eat right. I miss you and love you, too. Thanks for the update. Any news on his sister? I wish her luck.
So glad to see you back. Good going with the weight loss. Getting started is the hardest part. Love to you both and the kitties also.
So glad to see you back. Good going with the weight loss. Getting started is the hardest part. Love to you both and the kitties also.
don't know why it went on twice.
Post a Comment