Monday, July 19, 2010

Opportunities

They are opening a new call center in Chandler, AZ, toward the end of the year. This will be interesting, because it will create a lot of opportunities there as well as for people here that are interested in moving to Arizona.

Sean and I have been discussing this and we're both very interested in the possibility of moving. One of my big motivators is that it is warm there, which means no snow. Last year's snow storms gave me more than my fill for a mid-west winter. The only downside for me is that it is a bit farther away from Florida, but it goes back to being in warmer weather again. I also calculated the driving time and it is about 6 hours away from San Diego, so I would be closer to Dad and would have a better opportunity to see him for the first time in nearly 18 years.

Sean has thought about his downsides; leaving family here and not knowing anybody. However, the more he thinks about it, the more excited he gets about the possibility of starting fresh and living somewhere different (he's lived in Nebraska since he was two.) He mentioned this to his mom and she is less than thrilled at the idea.

Sean has also volunteered for to travel to one of three places, Arizona being one of them, to help train for 8 weeks this fall. It is exciting and I do hope that he does get chosen to go. While it will be hard to be away from him for 8 weeks, compared to the 2 years that we were in a long distance relationship, it will seem like he's home in no time. He agrees that it will probably be easier for me to cope with the time than he will. Sean told me that when he asked what I would do for 8 weeks without him that he was relieved and felt better when I responded with "I'd figure it out" as opposed to "I don't know."

We'll see what happens in the future with this moving possibility, but it will most likely not happen until next year, if at all. It is exciting to think of the possibility to see new places and meet new people; just to start completely new.

No comments: